Monday, November 12, 2012

Author, author...

...read all about her !!


Today we have the wonderful
Virginia Nelson
with us.....


Welcome, can you tell us a little about yourself?

I’m a single mother of three kids living on the frozen shores of Lake Erie. Other than telling people to clean their rooms, I write stories of paranormal and erotic romance and travel as much as possible.

What did you want to be when you were growing up or did you always want to be a writer?

I wanted to be an astronaut or the president.  Neither has worked out so far but since I’m a writer, I get to be everything.  Actually, my real life turned out better than my plan except for the whole gravity thing.

When did you first start writing?

I’ve written as long as I can remember. My first finished story was at age nine but it won’t ever see the light of day.

What is a typical writing day like for you? 

After I convince the boys to go to school, I get a mug of espresso and make sure my daughter, who attends an online school, is ready to go for the day.  Then I try to write a few thousand words.  By noon, I’m either getting ready for a meeting, a class or putting on the editor hat.  If things go well, I might get back to writing in the evening but even if I don’t, I got it done first so I can feel pretty good about my day.

Do you have a specific routine you follow or specific items you need with you when you write?

I need only a computer.  I’m a pretty simple gal.

What is your favorite part of writing?  Is there anything you don’t like about being a writer?

My favorite part of writing is that, with just words strung together on a page, I can make readers actually react emotionally.  It always seems a little magical to me, the ability to make people feel something with just my words.

What is your favorite length of book to write?  (Short story, novella, full length novel) Why?

That really depends on the story.  Some stories can be told best at novella/short story length and be tighter for the lack of extraneous words. Some stories would be cheating the reader not to include more.  It really depends on what I’m telling.

How does your family feel about your writing and you being an author?

My kids and close friends couldn’t be more supportive.  My mom and siblings…none of them are readers so they aren’t terribly impressed.  They’d be more impressed if I did something more useful…lol

Is there a to-be-read waiting on your bedside table?

There’s a to-be-read PILE. 

For fun, I have a few personal questions, 

Favorite 5

1)  Favorite Holiday – Halloween.  I love the decorations and pretending to be something you’re not.

2) Favorite Drink Coffee

3) Favorite Author Just one?  Okay, Robin McKinley.  But if you allow me more, Heather Long, Saranna DeWylde, Kristan Higgins, Kim Harrison…

4) Favorite Book Probably Robin McKinley, The Blue Sword

5) Favorite Animalcats. They’re sneaky and seductive.

And for a bonus:  What is a typical mood for you?  And is your mood different when you’re writing?

I’m pretty mellow normally. Same goes for writing.  It takes a lot to rile me.  Look out if you do.

Where can our readers find you?? 

Email: virg_nelson@yahoo.com



Website/blog: http://virg-nelson.com


 

Is there an upcoming or current release you would like to share with us today and where can we find it?

The Hypnotist, Decadent Publishing
Who knew quitting could be so hot?
Carnie Sabatina wants to break her bad habits, but is a hypnotist really the answer? Enter Doctor McSexy and a trip down the rabbit hole that not only makes her a believer, but sets her passion on fire.

Is it tempting fate to take control?

Mike Schommer’s love life crashed and burned when his ex dumped him for his best friend, but can playing with fire really save his heart? Enter Patient McHottie whose bad habits open a pandora’s box of secret cravings for hypnotist and patient...

Burning Up

One hypnotic suggestion sends them up in flames, but will temptation and passion be enough to turn their parlor tricks into happily ever after?

 
Excerpt:

As her eyelids fluttered open, a refreshed sense of peace and energy washed over her, as if she hadn’t stayed up past three a.m. then got back up at six that morning to meet a deadline.

No, not just refreshed and energized.

Impassioned.

Flicking a glance at the man next to her, so calm and cool, she knew what she wanted.

I want him to burn like I do.

Never having experienced that kind of immediate need for someone before, she was at a loss. She normally followed her impulses but….

I dare.

He smiled at her and it was weighted with exhaustion. He came across like a nice guy. A really nice guy.

She wanted to see him be a naughty guy.

Practicing powers of seduction she didn’t even know she had, she adjusted herself on the couch, intentionally allowing her skirt to ride up.

“Look, I am sorry that the hypnotism didn’t work on me. I mean, you gave it a shot.” She tossed her hair back, wondering for a moment how it came down.

His lips curled up slowly. “Thanks for that.”

“Mmm. I could reward you for giving it a shot, anyway.”

His brows dropped. “Huh?”

One of her hands dropped to his thigh, resting on the couch next to her, and she slowly caressed the tight denim. “I mean, you tried. The least I could do is give you a kiss….”
Buy Links:




One last thing before we let you leave, do you have a favorite recipe you'd like to share?  I like to cook and am always looking for new recipes to try and share but it's totally up to you.

I make a killer alfredo sauce from scratch.
Ingredients:
Stick of butter
Package of cream cheese
Garlic in oil
Parmesan cheese (the grated kind in a bag, not the dry stuff in a jar)
Milk

All you do is stick the butter in a frying pan.  Melt it with the garlic (about a tablespoon will do the trick.)  About now, your kitchen will smell amazing. Then add the cream cheese.  Blend this in until the whole mess looks a bit like a white sticky goo.  Add the parmesan (about a handful) and milk (until creamy…so a little bit at a time.)

You can then add salt and pepper to taste if you want and whatever meat you desire.  If you don’t want to add meat, you can dip garlic bread into the white goo and it is awesome.

Enjoy!!

Oh good lord Virginia,  that alfredo sounds scrumptious as does The Hypnotist.  Thanks so much for being with us today and please come back soon!

Readers, don't miss out on the Hypnotist, a great story from Decadent's The Edge line by Virginia Nelson.

Until next time, happy reading !!

Krista





No comments:

Post a Comment