Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Author, author... interview with Red Garnier

...read all about her !!!



Please welcome Red Garnier to A Passion for Romance !
 

Red: Thank you so much for having me!

 

Can you tell us a little about yourself?

Hello everyone. I’m Red Garnier and I’m a romance author who loves writing about men, women, and their deliciously complicated relationships

 

What or who initially inspired you to become a writer?

I loved reading when I was young. I started with Sweet Valley High and moved onto sexier things from Johanna Lindsay, Jude Deveraux, and Julie Garwood, and I fell instantly in love with these authors and the way they made me feel while reading!

 

What kind of research do you do for a novel and how extensive do you get?

I always research settings and professions, but since most my books are contemporaries, there’s not extensive research done as one would with a historical, for example.

 

Do you have a special place you like to do your writing? Such as an office, a spare room, the dining room table, your couch?

Yes! I do have an office with a lovely view outside, and a chimney for winter. Strangely, though, I don’t seem to like my desk, so I end up writing in a very comfortable writing chair in my office – one that’s closest to the window and chimney.

 

As a reader, what types of works do you like to read and do you think they influence the genre/genres you write in?

I love all kinds of works, but definitely I’m drawn to passionate, alpha heroes and love anything from J.R. Ward to Lori Foster. I love reading and also discovering new authors!

 

What is your favorite method of writing...as in laptop, desktop, Ipad or the old fashioned pencil and paper??  And do you plot out your story or go with the flow of your muse?

Laptop. I am so done with my old desk top! But I also sometimes write with pen and paper at night, and in the morning, I transfer the thoughts to my laptop. Sometimes I can concentrate more on the story when I’m writing down on pen and paper.

 

When you need a break or some time off from the trials of being a writer, what can you be found doing?

I love taking a walk or a run. It’s invigorating and it not only energizes the body, but the mind, as well! It always clears my head. Reading is also my favorite past time. I easily read ten or fifteen books a month, depending on whether I have deadlines or not. But I just love books, whether I’m writing them myself or reading them. J

 

Is there anything about yourself nobody knows that you would like to share with our readers??

Well I’m not sure how big of a secret it is, but I absolutely LOVE dark chocolate. I eat at least seventy percent dark, and every day, I want me some. But since I rarely drink, and I don’t smoke, I guess I’m allowed one vice. J

 

For fun, I have a few personal questions,  

 

Your Favorite 5

 1) Favorite color – Red. Jajaj.

2) Favorite dessert – Dark chocolate anything. Or strawberry cheesecake, a close second.

3) Favorite Season – Spring.

4) Favorite sad song- Forever and Always by Parachute is lately always on my iPod

5) Favorite Romantic movie – I love, love ‘A Walk to Remember’. So poignant and beautiful!

 

And a bonus, what is your ideal romantic vacation??

Anywhere my husband is. And preferably, a beach and much relaxation and food.

 

 

Where can our readers find you?? 

Email: REDGARNIERatGMAIL.COM
 


Website/blog: www.redgarnier.com

 

 

Is there an upcoming or current release you would like to share with us today and where can we find it?

Yes! I’m very excited because CLAIMED BY HIM, the first digital novella of my Billionaire’s Club series, releases this month and this is a group of very, very sexy men on the loose…and although they’re not necessarily looking for love, love seems to be looking for them!

 

 

CLAIMED BY HIM EXCERPT: (for more please visit my website www.redgarnier.com)

Graves Buchanan’s balls were up on the poker table, and if he lost this hand, it was going to hurt like hell. He was already a million dollars under, and up on that table, his second million sat nice and tight on a blue chip stack, right atop the felt green center.

One would argue that two million didn’t even put a dent in his bankroll. For every second that Graves sat on his butt in his friend’s state-of-the-art study, his businesses were racking up a couple of millions more. So no, it sure didn’t put a dent in his bankroll. But it sure as hell hurt his pride.

Yeah, he was already smarting. Big time.

Especially when he well knew that this pitiful losing streak was all because his concentration had been shit for a whole damned year.

Seated with three of his closest friends on their usual Wednesday poker night, he worked on keeping the mask of indifference on his face while dwelling on the indisputable fact that, with a measly pair of Jokers, he was going to have to bluff his way to a winning hand.

He surveyed his opponents’ faces. Today he played with his best friend, Daniel Lexington, who leaned back in his chair, cool as a cucumber in a pair of Ray Bans. Then there was Cade West, who was one pissed-off motherfucker. Guess you just didn’t bury your young wife two months after the wedding and have nothing to show for it. And of course, there was Luke Preston, the incorrigible playboy, who couldn’t keep his mouth shut to save his worthless life.

“Well, well now, I’ve got some game here. Woohooo. Hold on to your pants, boys. I’m out for the big momma tonight and going all in.” Luke pushed all his chips into the center, and while Graves’s brain immediately began calculating how much he was going to lose if he called it, the shiny steel door to Daniel’s massive Public-Library-sized study cracked open a notch.

“Danny?” a female voice asked.

Grave’s entire body went rigid as he recognized the speaker. Suddenly, a cluster of strange, complicated feelings rolled around inside his chest, and all the blood started rushing to his groin. It was a miracle he managed to maintain his impassive expression, because every tiny nerve and cell and atom in his body came alive with a roar.

“Yeah, Chlo, come on in.” Daniel waved his younger sister in, and Grave’s wind pipe clamped shut as he watched her approach. Holy Mother of God, this girl was going to kill him.

Chloe Lexington had grown up to be the hottest hottie he had ever laid eyes upon. She was slender, light, and delectable, with a dimple on her chin and a wide, sensual mouth, and big green eyes that gutted you. Her curves were in all the right places, curves a guy’s hands would itch to mold and hold and play with.

She wore her straight, lustrous blonde hair at an illegal length now, and Graves had noticed a couple of days ago that the longest tips teased the top of her fanny when she walked. And what a perfect fanny, oh man. Graves had fantasized about Chloe’s delectable rear in ways he had no business fantasizing about it—but he just couldn’t get over those perky rounded cheeks, held up in the air by a pair of angels.

Tonight she wore a simple black strapless dress that made his mouth water inexplicably. Graves could take the rest of the night surveying her perfect figure and not want for anything else, but instead he tore his eyes away before both Daniel and she noticed the giant erection growing in his lap, even if he was shielded by the table.

A monster hard-on right now was not what he’d consider good news.

Graves was a bad, bad boy with his hard-ons, and the kind of shit he liked to do with them wouldn’t sit well with a nice girl like Chloe. Much less with her brother—who was known to do even worse things with his hard-ons.

Daniel Lexington’s motto of “No pain, no gain” extended far beyond the gym, they all knew.

“Hey, Chlo, get over here and let me have a good look at you. Let me give that rump a nice little pat, woman,” Luke purred, waving her over.

“Lay off, Luke,” Daniel growled.

Luke laughed. “Relax, man. She’s your sister. Even I have my limits—plus you know I like my sex rowdy.”

“You’d fuck your own mother if it’d get you off,” Daniel replied.

Chloe was being a good sport about it though, coming forward with a seductive sway of her hips and sparkling green eyes. “Eat your heart out, Luke,” she said, ruffling his blonde hair. Then her smile faded and her eyes slid along the table until they stopped at Graves. “Hey guys…Hi, Graves.” The merriment had fled from her face, and her voice dropped a decibel when she spoke his name.

Fuck me. It did all kinds of things to him, to meet those green eyes and think of Colorado forests, to hear her say his name in that seductive murmur. Her voice was fluffy like marshmallows, and it made Graves feel like the freaking smore being burnt on all ends and crushed in the middle.

His pants strained painfully under the table and his chest cramped in ways he absolutely loathed. “Hey, Chlo,” he said, and flicked his eyes back to his measly pair of Jacks.

“Are you losing again?” she asked. “Danny said you were on a bad streak lately.”

She slid over to him and bent down to see his cards, and Graves knew that very second, he was fucked. The guys would look at her face, see that little O forming on her mouth, and know that Graves had shit. But he still sat there and let it all happen. Because her minty scent teased his nostrils and tortured his senses.

Strands of honeyed hair fell to his shoulders as she bent to take a closer peek, and then she turned her head so that he could see every golden speck in her lovely eyes. Her stare was full of amusement and pity, clearly saying, You are so screwed, Graves.

Yeah, but she didn’t even know the half of it.

Nobody did.

Because Daniel was his best friend, and Graves was crazy sick in love with his little sister.
 
 

One last thing before we let you leave us today :) Do you have a favorite recipe you'd like to share?  I like to cook and am always looking for new recipes to try and share.

I love cooking healthy food and have this very simple recipe for Kale Chips passed on by a vegetarian friend.

 

Ingredients: Several bunches of kale, washed and cut into 1 inch strips long

equal parts olive oil and lemon juice

sea salt

 

1. Once washed, place the kale in a bowl and add oil, lemon, and salt

2. Place kale on a baking sheet, extended, and bake for 10 or 15 minutes at 350 degrees

serve once cool.

They're toasty and good for you. Thank you so much for having me, Krista!

 
Oh they sound delicious and It was my pleasure having you Red.  Please come back again any time !!!
 
Readers, don't miss this great new release by Red Garnier !
 
Until next time, happy reading !
 
Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment