Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Author, author.... Back to You by Natalie-Nicole Bates

...read all about it !!


 
Today please welcome Author Natalie-Nicole Bates :)
 
 
Hi Natalie-Nicole, wonderful to have you with us. Could you tell us a little about yourself?
 
I was born in Russia, but now live in the United  Kingdom. I write contemporary and paranormal romance, as well as some horror fiction. My first sale was a contemporary romance to Secret Cravings Publishing called Change of Address.
 
 
Those are two places i've always wanted to see.  As far as becoming a writer, what or who initially inspired you?
 
I think it was my love of reading from a very young age that inspired me to write. In between I was a book reviewer, and one day I thought, ‘I can do this’.
 
 
And we are very glad you did decide you could do this!  What kind of research do you do for a novel and how extensive do you get?
 
I try to write off of what I know, especially with my contemporaries. But some of my paranromals like SEE ME, I’ve had to do some research back to Victorian times, which I love.
 
 
I like that you can write a couple different genres.  Do you have a special place you like to do your writing? Such as an office, a spare room, the dining room table, your couch?
 
I had a specially built glass room added to the back of my house. This way, I can be amongst nature as I write. It’s very cool and very private.
 
 
That sounds like a wonderful room !  I'm sure it'd be great for reading as well.  And as a reader, what types of works do you like to read and do you think they influence the genre/genres you write in?
 
I read a lot of mystery and biographies. I don’t think what I read influences what I write. I read what interests me at the time. I also enjoy a lot of 1940’s written fiction as well.
 
 
 
What is your favorite method of writing...as in laptop, desktop, Ipad or the old fashioned pencil and paper??  And do you plot out your story or go with the flow of your muse?
 
I am a plotter. I plot, plot again, and then plot some more! When I first started writing, I did write long hand. But have since moved on to a desktop. I like the big screen.
 
 
 
I think a big screen would definitely come in handy.  When you need a break or some time off from the trials of being a writer, what can you be found doing?
 
I do a lot of gardening. I also like to get out with the camera and photograph. I also bake several times a week.
 
 
Oh baking is definitely a like of mine.  Is there anything about yourself nobody knows that you would like to share with our readers??
 
I’m actually studying law. I’m hoping to complete my law program in the next few years.
 
 
Law?  That's wonderful.  Now for a little fun, I have a few personal questions,  
 
Your Favorite 5
 1) Favorite color -Red
2) Favorite dessert –chocolate sundae
3) Favorite Season -Autumn
4) Favorite sad song-Nazareth-Love Hurts
5) Favorite Romantic movie –Don’t really have one I can think of.
 
And a bonus, what is your ideal romantic vacation??
 
A villa in Majorca just steps off the beach with my significant other
 
 
 
Where can our readers find you?? 
 
Twitter: @BatesNatalie
Facebook: : http://www.facebook.com/natalienicole.bates
Website/blog: http://www.natalienicolebates.com
Street Team:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/441841792565396
 
Is there an upcoming or current release you would like to share with us today and where can we find it?
 
Back to You
 
 
On the surface, Lynsey Reznor seems to have it all. She is beautiful, brilliant, and a successful true-crime writer who has been living the past decade in Miami. But what Lynsey lacks is what she needs the most—a family.
After the death of her mother, and yet another failed relationship, Lynsey makes an impulsive decision to return to her hometown of Unity. But Unity will present its own bittersweet memories, most notably, her first love, Nick Lincoln.
Twenty years ago, Nick broke teenager Lynsey’s heart when he decided to marry another. He had his own private reasons—reasons he never explained to Lynsey. Now she is back, along with a chance to reclaim her love. But Lynsey wants answers from him that he may never be able to give out of duty and guilt.
Buy Link
 
Back To You Single Release
Back To You collection at Amazon: Features bonus stories Remember The Stars and Antique Charming
 
 
My paranormal romance novella, Remember The Stars is currently available at Amazon through Books To Go Now.
http://www.amazon.com/Remember-the-Stars-ebook/dp/B00B3EF1YW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1358695362&sr=8-1&keywords=remember+the+stars
 
 
 
Before we let you leave us today, do you have a favorite recipe you'd like to share?  I like to cook and am always looking for new recipes to try and share.
 
This is my recipe for Russian Tea Cakes. I usually make them at Christmas time. They’re super easy to make, and hardly ever fail. If you accidentally overbrown them, the powder sugar covers a myriad of mistakes!
 
1 cup butter (room temperature)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 tablespoons powdered sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
1 cup finely chopped walnuts (pecans work nicely as well)
1/3 cup powdered sugar
 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cream butter and vanilla until smooth. Combine the 6 tablespoons confectioners' sugar and flour; stir into the butter mixture until just blended. Mix in the chopped walnuts. Roll dough into 1-inch balls, and place them 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Bottoms should be lightly brown. Top is pale. While still warm, roll in remaining powdered sugar. Roll sugar a second time when totally cool.
About 3 dozen cookies.
~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~



Natalie, thank you so much for being our guest today.  It was wonderful learning more about you and please come back to visit us any time !!

Readers, make sure you get your copy of Back to You today !

Until next time, happy reading!

Krista

1 comment: