Friday, October 24, 2014

Author, author... Tara Andrews and HER EVERYTHING !!! @tara_andrews1



...read all about it !!





Her Everything Soundtrack
Music is a big part of my life.  Now don’t get me wrong, I mean this in a fan-girl type of way.  I couldn’t play a note to save my life.  Still, it inspires me—to write, to relax or, heck, to tackle to dust bunnies in the bedroom.  Whatever!  It all depends on the mood and the song. 
It probably influences me most when it comes to writing, though.  I get a lot of story ideas from lyrics, or from the way a beat sets up a situation in my mind.  So, I’m not surprised that music plays a huge role in the lives of my characters in Her Everything.  Mark Travis is the front man of a rock band, and HOT.  Rachel Turner is the twin sister to a pop star. Further, she’s involved with producing and writing songs as well.  Music is in their blood, and it made their story that much more fun to write.
Since music helps me brainstorm, while writing Her Everything I had certain songs in mind for different parts of the book.  I thought it’d be fun to imagine what songs would make the list if Her Everything had a soundtrack, and here’s what I came up with:

·         The one song that started it all – “Jai Ho” by The Pussycat Dolls.  Not only is this the song I imagine being performed in the first chapter, but it actually helped inspire the whole book in a way.  The story idea for Her Everything stemmed from watching an interview of the Dolls lead singer, Nicole Sherzinger.

·         In one scene Rachel and Mark are dancing to a slow song.  At the time I had recently downloaded “If Only” by Gin Wigmore.  I love the varying tempo, the raspy voice, and the retro feel to it.

·         Mark has the name of his first number one single, “Beautiful Ride” tattooed on his right rib-cage.  This is inspired by the song “Life Ain’t Always Beautiful” by Gary Allan.  (Disclosure: I am a HUGE Gary Allan fan – even have an entire Pinterest board dedicated to him – LOL).

·         In a scene the morning after their special night provided by Madame Eve, I think the song “Don’t You Wanna Stay” by Jason Aldean and Kelly Clarkson, would work perfectly.

·         And last but not least, the song I imagine sung at the end of the book is along the lines of “Faithfully” by Journey—only an acoustic version.

There you have it, the Her Everything soundtrack.  I hope maybe I introduced you to a new song or two, I know for me I’m always looking for new songs to listen to! 
Here’s a little bit about Her Everything, my newest contribution to Decadent Publishing’s 1Night Stand series:

Blurb:

Rachel Turner made a mistake—a couple, in fact.  Ruining a surprise meeting with
the front man to her favorite band is just the beginning.  But agreeing to switch places with her famous sister may spell the end of both of their careers. With rumors flying and an unexpected invitation from Madame Eve, Rachel hopes she can put the mistakes behind her.

Attending an event to support a charity close to his heart, Mark Travis wasn’t looking for love, or even company—and definitely not with a fan.  But when he puts in a hasty bid at a silent auction and wins the services of 1Night Stand, Madame Eve has something different in mind.  A single evening with a woman she claims can fulfill his needs.  But one night might not be enough.

Come morning, will Mark and Rachel’s unexpected one-night stand give them more than they bargained for?

Book Links:






Author Bio:

Tara Andrews divides her time between a full-time job as an office manager, an even more full-time job as a wife and mother, and her dream job as a romance author.  An avid reader and writer, Tara continuously seeks to hone her craft in order to provide readers with stories that are provocative yet romantic.

As she has learned from her own experiences, dreams do come true and women can live happily ever after. Tara strives to infuse a blend of fantasy and realism in her stories in order to connect with readers’ own experiences, hopes and emotions.

Tara lives in upstate New York with her wonderful husband and two fabulous children.

Author Links:



Twitter: @tara_andrews1


No comments:

Post a Comment